Troutbeck Resort is situated at the foot of ancient pine-treed hills and overlooks a trout filled lake. The hotel was built and founded by Major Herbert Macllwaine in 1947 and has undergone considerable changes over the years. However, its famous log fire has never been put out since it was lit at the hotel opening. The hotel is 6 500 feet (2 200m] above sea level with the surrounding mountains climbing to 8 508 feet (2 593ml above sea level. This inviting hotel is perfectly positioned to explore the scenic beauty of Nyanga and savour the crisp mountain air. Troutbeck Resort provides friendly and efficient service in one of Africa's finest countryside locations.
Amenities & Services
- The hotelgardens and Sun lounge are available for private ceremonies and weddings.
- Some rooms have oil heaters, under floor heating ,wall to wall carpeting and hairdryers 9 hole golf course with scenic mountain views.
- Children's playground, tennis, squash, bowling, snooker, trout fishing, volleyball and swimming pool
- 24 hour security and doctor on call
- Same day laundry service
- Baby sitting facilities on request
- Curio shop situated in the hotelfor all gifts and memorabilia
- Car wash available on request
- Safety deposit boxes at the front desk
- World's View 11km from the hotel
- Rhodes Museum 25km away
- Nyangani Mountain- the highest mountain in Zimbabwe- 50km away
- Mtarazi Falls 50km away
- Nyangombe Falls 21km away
- Claremont Orchards and Fisheries 20km away- offering succulent fresh fruit in season including apples, pears, peaches and nectarines
- St Cathrines on the Downs Church- the oldest community chapelin Nyanga
A total of 70 rooms13 Twin rooms24 Double rooms32 Deluxe rooms1 Family room
Twin roomsTwin beds; satellite television; tea and coffee making facilities; en-suite bathroom with shower and bath; physically challenged guests are allocated rooms in the east and west wings
Double roomsOne double bed; satellite television; tea and coffee making facilities; en-suite bathroom with shower and bath; physically challenged guests are allocated rooms in the east and west wings
Deluxe roomsOne king-size bed; facing the Macllwaine lake; satellite television; tea and coffee making facilities; en-suite bathroom with shower and bath
Family roomsMain bedroom with one double bed; separate bedroom with twin beds; study and reading desk; refrigerator; two satellite televisions; tea and coffee making facilities; en-suite bathroom with shower and bath
- Restaurants & Bars
The Beck Restaurant
- Table d'h6te, buffet or a La carte menus
- Seating capacity 160 guests
- Open during schoolholidays and on public holidays
- Breakfast and dinner buffet
- Indoor and outdoor activities
Hare and Hound bar
- Traditional Grouse pub- serving a variety of local and international beverages
- Open from 1am to 1Opm
Sun & Macllwaine lounge and terrace
- With an extensive snack menu and traditionalhigh tea served on weekends
The conferencing facilities at Troutbeck Resort can cater for a sizable number of guests. Functions of up to 250 guests can be accommodated in the main conference venue while the garden offers a picturesque backdrop for events of up to 350 people.
There are a total of 3 conference rooms each one named after the various types of Trout found in the well stocked lake. The Brown Trout boardroom room with its warm wooden furnishings and large glass doors overlooking the mountainous backdrop of the hotel creates a truly soothing setting in which to work.
All meetings rooms are fully heated and air conditioned.
The following standard equipment and services are available on request:
• Flip charts
• Overhead projectors
• White boards and markers
• Message boards
• Portable Television and VCR/DVD
• Dedicated registration and break away area
• Tea/coffee and lunch packages
- Contact Details
P.O. Box 1, Troutbeck, Nyanga, Zimbabwe Tel: +263 298 305/7 -881/5 -889 -473- 487 Cell: +263 772 125 805 or 772 437 386/8 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org PA CentralReservations Office: Tel: +27 100030079/100030081-5 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org