The Tinapa Shopping Complex is located within the Tinapa Free Zone & Resort, Adiabo, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. It comprises four emporiums of 10,000m2 each and about fifty four line shops that range between 150m2 to 200m2 in size. The product mix will include lifestyle products, fashion and accessories, specialty goods, stationery and office equipment, leather and luggage, pharmaceuticals, food, fruit and vegetables, toys, telephones, cosmetics, coffee shops, home accessories, computers and gadgets, electronics and appliances, art and framing materials, banking services, courier/ logistic services, vehicle rentals, photographic services, and so on.
The Tinapa Free Zone & Resort, home of the Tinapa Shopping Complex, is a world-class integrated business and leisure resort conceptualised and promoted by the Government of Cross River State, South Eastern Nigeria, and implemented in four phases under a Private Public Partnership (PPP) with some private investors. Located by the Calabar River, and contiguous with the Calabar Free Trade Zone, it is the realisation of an exciting dream - the first integrated business and leisure resort in Nigeria.
The first phase of the Tinapa Business Resort & Free Zone was officially commissioned on the 2nd of April 2007 and is currently leasing retail and wholesale spaces to reputable retailers who are interested in tapping into the over three hundred million brand-hungry consumers in West Africa with more spending power than ever before.
Apart from providing shopping experiences for shoppers, Tinapa, Africa's Premier Business Resort, also offer world class facilities that allow for leisure and entertainment. Some of these facilities include:
- An open exhibition area for trade exhibitions and other events.
- A movie production studio commonly referred to as "Studio Tinapa" or "Nollywood". It is set to become the most modern film production studio in Nigeria. Visitors can watch an actual movie production taking place.
- An entertainment strip that comprise a casino, an eight-screen digital cinema, a children's arcade, international standard restaurants and a mini amphitheater, a night club and pubs.
- An artificial tidal lake that feeds from the Calabar River
- A 243 room international hotel christened "Amber Tinapa" being operated by African Sun, South Africa.
- A Water Park (Leisure Land)
- Parking space for 4000 cars.
- A truck terminal
- An independent power plant that ensures uninterrupted electricity supply.